Tea can be found in the most unexpected places. And sometimes it is hidden exactly where it belongs. Within the Heart of Zen office is the Plum Blossom Tea Company boutique. These teas have been specially curated to not only suit the needs of the owner who performs tea ceremonies but also work alongside with the Heart of Zen.
Location Headquarters: 106 Adams Street, Suttons Bay, MI, USA
- Fine tea experience, through private tastings (Gong Fu style), tea meditations, and Japanese tea ceremony. We are about educating people in ways to enjoy tea based in some of the traditional roots of the plant’s countries of origin.
Most popular company tea(s)?
Does the company name have a meaning?
- Yes, the plum blossom was the celebrated flower of Japan, before the cherry blossom. Also, the plum is the symbol of endurance, as it is the first fruit tree to blossom in the spring. Since we live in Northern Michigan, fruit trees endure very snowy winters!
Do you participate in any charities?
- Yes, mostly local: LIFT (Leelanau Investing For Teens); Title Track (Water. Equity. Youth); WRC (Women’s Resource Center); DBCFSN (Detroit Black Community Food Security Network). These are primarily tea ceremony donation recipients.
What is your favorite tea?
- All the teas we sell are teas I have personally chosen because I like them. I do LOVE matcha, and raw puers!
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- YES. I am a third-party tea venue. It has been as important to me to vet my tea folks, as it has been for some of them to vet me. We are proud to pay fair prices for the tea we purchase. The teas we sell are organic and/or grown without commercial pesticides.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- “A cup of tea is a cup of peace.” – Soshitsu Sen XV.
Anything else you’d like to add?
- We are open by appointment only. Don’t hesitate to call or text to coordinate a time to visit the tea shop or schedule a private tea event. 231-386-7616
TeaTiff Picks: Snow Orchid. There is something special, something mystical in the though of an orchid in the snow. One can imagine what this tastes like even without having it in front of them. Floral and refreshing with mineral hints.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!