What happens when a wizard, satyr, human, and a gnome sit down for a cup of tea? Depends on how they roll their charisma I’d say. Or maybe their perception depending on the place they are drinking the tea. If you love a bit of role play with your cuppa you’ve come to the right tea shop.
Location: 203 Main St., Woodstock, IL 60098
- We create our own recipes for our loose leaf teas, source the organic and fair trade ingredients from around the world, and blend & package in our shop in Northern IL.
Most popular company tea(s)?
- Currently our most popular is Queen of Hearts. This is an herbal blend made with apples, oranges, cranberries, hibiscus, and cinnamon.
Does the company name have a meaning?
- Casting as in casting a spell and Whimsy as in playful and/or fanciful
Do you participate in any charities?
- Yes, we donate all our tips. United Relief Foundation
What is your (or any of your other co-workers’) favorite tea?
- Favorites here are Turning Violet (blueberry herbal available in the summer), Mayhem (coffee & hazelnut black), Persie (pomegranate ginger green).
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- Transparency is very important. We create our own blends and know exactly where all our ingredients come from. We are not, nor have we ever, ordering preblended teas wholesale which are carried by hundreds of other shops. Our blends are unique to us. It’s especially important when offering organic/non -gmo and fair trade to know how the sourcing process works and who your suppliers are.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- Tea does so many things for so many people. We’ve learned during the pandemic it is a source of comfort and relaxation in unknown times.
Anything else you’d like to add?
We ship all over the United States 6 days a week. We hope you’ll check out what we offer.
TeaTiff Picks: Elevenses. A foolish but brave little hobbit once asked, “What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn’t he?” What would a hobbit have for elevenses anyway? One could probably assume a brisk sort of brew such as this or one mixed with a few dried black currants and then some thumbprints alongside.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
If you already love them tell us what you love below!