If you are a fan of blended teas or a previous fan of Teavana be sure to give this company a try. They have unique blends and a heartwarming backstory. My first discovery was through Steepster but I was reintroduced once again through my interactions with The Tea Brigade. This is a company built not only for loving tea but also to bring encouragement.
Location(s) Headquarters: Portland, Oregon USA
- Flavored loose leaf teas, sweets (like lemonade, hot chocolate), and thoughtfully curated teaware
Most popular company tea(s)?
Does the company name have a meaning?
- Plum is an old English word for something lucky or delightfully unexpected. And deluxe reminds us to treat ourselves and enjoy the good things in life. That’s what we think of when we think of tea blends.
Do you participate in any charities?
- We work with a variety year-round but don’t have a specific 5013c partner.
What is your and/or your co-workers’ favorite tea?
- Office favorites include Blackberry Mojito Black, Self Care Herbal (add a splash of cream!), Buttery Shortbread Herbal, and Fog Cutter Black tea for mindful mornings. We love taking the time to make a good tea latte!
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- I think, for the most part, given the variety of independent players in the tea industry (particularly here in the USA), there is a lot of good conversation about transparency in the industry. For example, when I first got into tea I remember a lot of tea packaging didn’t even have ingredients on it! So I think we’re headed in the right direction.
- I’d like to see more conversation and support on the farmers and businesses that grow the product. Even we could do a better job of highlighting the efforts we go to in order to ensure living wages and sustainable agriculture. We also emphasize USA-grown products where we can!
What role does tea play in our lives?
- I always think of tea as something that brings people together, that warms thoughtful conversation, and that helps us find things in common. Tea is also a beverage of calm and respite. And I can’t think of anything that describes what we desperately need more of in these times than all of that.
Social Media: Steepster
Anything else you’d like to add?
- Don’t be afraid of tea or think it’s too difficult or too complex. Just jump in and experiment and have fun. You’re never doing it wrong – if it tastes good to you and you’re having fun, you’re doing fine. – Andy Hayes
TeaTiff Picks: Autumn Vibes Cinnamon Hazelnut Black Tea. Instead of looking around and choosing what I thought looked best, I decided to take the Plum Deluxe Quiz. And based on the results I chose one of the suggestions. I adore hazelnuts but almost every tea blend that has them has almonds too and being allergic to almonds I no can do. The blend looks fantastic and I can’t wait to give it a try. Will update this when I do.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!