Farmer’s Markets are a great way to find fresh produce, pottery, baked goods, and tea. Yes, tea! This is how I first discovered The Great Tea Road. In the building behind their tent, they have their own space for a quaint tea shop that houses an amazing array of teas and tisanes. Tea drinkers of all kinds will find a new tea to love here. The owners are amazing people. Every time I stop by, even if I’m not buying anything, they are so kind and I love that they indulge me in my nerdy tea conversations.
Location(s) Headquarters: Prior Lake, MN, USA
- Handblended teas as well as small tea farms from several major tea production countries.
Most popular company tea(s)?
- We got many popular teas: Unwind & Relax (herbal tea), Jasmine Dragon Pearl (Green Tea), Strawberry & Passion Fruit (White Tea), Jin Qu Hong Mei (Black Tea) Golden Monkey (Black Tea) Fruity Sangria (Black Tea), Phoenix Honey Orchid (Oolong Tea)
Does the company name have a meaning?
- Great Tea Road is the Siberian Route also known as the Moscow Highway and Great Highway was a historic route that connected European Russia to Siberia and China. The Siberian Route was also known as the Tea Road, owing to the great quantities of tea that were transported from China to Europe through Siberia. In choosing this name, we hope to create a company that bring quality teas, tea art & culture, and discover new teas long the way and share with our communities.
Do you participate in any charities?
- We don’t have a charities that we participate every year. However, if one asks us to help, we do.
What is your and/or your co-workers’ favorite tea?
- Since we review and taste our teas before we put on the shelves. If we don’t like the tea that we taste, we don’t bother to put on the shelf. Currently, we are drinking Vanilla Mystique (Black Tea), Traditional Chai (Black Tea) and our newest tea, Jade Dew of Enshi (Green Tea).
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- We work directly with tea farmers and small tea farms. We are big on trustworthy and relationship. Most tea farms that we work with are small and family businesses. It is not hard to see and understand their position in the tea industry.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- It is a part of our daily life and ritual. We can’t live without it.
Social Media: Steepster.
TeaTiff Picks: Puerh Tangerine. Aren’t they cute?! After seeing the process that they go through to make these I had to try them out. But I also knew I wanted one that went through the proper processing, specifically the sterilization step. While visiting the outdoor shop at the farmers market I learned that The Great Tea Road makes sure to only buy from tea farmers who do the process properly. The flavor is amazing. If you haven’t yet tried this unique tea stuffed in fruit you definitely should.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
Ordering? Be sure to tell them TeaTiff sent you!
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!