The companies roots began in Toronto but they are now in the city once called Bytown, now known as the beautiful city of Ottawa. This amazing company not only has delectable tea but also helps other companies find their potential. After you are done reading the interview be sure to go check out their website and sorry, not sorry for your soon to be full shopping cart.
Location(s) Headquarters: Ottawa, Ontario
- We create tea blends focused on wellness and sustainability: both socially and environmentally! We work exclusively with tea importers that are accredited by the Ethical Tea Partnership, and our tea bags are biodegradable/compostable made of plant based fibers.
Most popular company tea(s)?:
Do you participate in any charities?
- One of our main pillars is investing in women, and we do this by investing in women-owned businesses through our sister company, The Founders Fund. To date we have contributed and raised over $100k to elevate underrepresented women owned businesses.
What is your and/or your co-workers’ favorite tea?:
- A personal favourite is Golden Slumbers: a caffeine-free, Rooibos blend with cacao and calendula. It’s as beautiful as it is delicious! Throughout the day, I’m partial to our organic Ceremonial Matcha, as it’s smooth, and versatile.
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?:
- Transparency is a key value here at Tease Tea. As Canada’s first B-Corp tea company, we believe that transparency is a fundamental part of building an ethical company that you can be proud of supporting.
What role does tea play in our lives?:
- Tea is such a versatile, accessible and healthy addition to our lives. We believe that no matter your goal, desire or taste preference, there’s a tea for that! Making Tease Tea a part of your daily routine is an investment in your well-being as well as an investment in women, and that’s something to feel great about!
TeaTiff Picks: I will be trying a few different teas and then put a favortie here! (Side Note: Originally I had Maple Sugar Shack as my favorite but that is a blend they no longer carry so I removed the review so as not to confuse readers.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!