Do you subscribe to World Tea News? If not you can start by reading Diary of an Assistant Tea Maker: ‘Tea People Are Great’. This is not only a great introduction into Jersey Fine Tea but also offers some great insight into the world of tea processing. Someday I truly hope I will be able to experience plucking first hand just like Ms. Federici. When you are done reading the article don’t forget to come back here and read their interview.
Location(s) Headquarters: Jersey, Channel Islands
- Premium, sustainably grown, single-estate, whole leaf teas.
Most popular company tea(s)?
- Our wok-fired green tea is the most popular (mainly because it was featured on BBC Saturday Kitchen, but is also incredibly unique and delicious!).
Does the company name have a meaning?
- The meaning is right in the name! We wanted something simple and elegant that reflected the origin: Jersey, and the Quality: Fine.
Do you participate in any charities?
- Not presently but we have been in touch with Jersey Autism to do some events, and donate plants for a garden project for Thrive Jersey.
What is your (or any of your other co-workers’) favorite tea?
- My favourite tea depends on the day! Right now I am particularly fond of kamairicha (a Japanese green tea that is fired in a wok rather than the more common method of being steamed). Of our tea’s though I am smitten with all of them!
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- Transparency in any industry (especially tea) is incredibly important. Some people are concerned with labels and certification, but knowing exactly where your tea comes from and building a relationship with the producers is really the only way to be sure what you are getting is being produced ethically and sustainably.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- For me it has a plethora of roles. It facilitates social interactions, promotes mindfulness, connects us to the past and to different cultures, has many health benefits, and not to mention endless exhilarating flavours. It’s the all encompassing beverage!
Anything else you’d like to add?
We are so excited to have the opportunity to be making such amazing tea in a new tea growing region. Seeing what kind of flavours we can get and pouring our heart into sharing what we like with the world is so important to us and incredibly rewarding.
TeaTiff Picks: Premium Green. I love a pan fired green tea. But since I haven’t tasted this one yet or any of them for that matter I am going to wait till their white tea is back in stock and give them all a go!
Sip some tea & leave a comment
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!