Sweet home, Alabama. Where the skies are blue and the tea is sweet. But not sugar sweet, naturally sweet. The southern states made sweet tea popular for what it is today, a black tea laden with sugar. But as many are finding out, this sugar forward tea is bad for you. Enter great companies like Tea Town Alabama that sweeten only with organic ingredients that are good for you.
Location(s) Headquarters: Rainbow City, Alabama, USA
- We grow herbs organically and make teas from the herbs.
Most popular company tea(s)?
- Our My Sweet Roselle has been our most popular tea through the years. It’s made with hibiscus, lemongrass, lemon balm, peppermint, and holy basil.
Does the company name have a meaning?
- We started our business in Tuscaloosa, AL, also known as Ttown. That’ where we got our name Tea Town Alabama.
Do you participate in any charities?
- We have given to multiple charities, including Coosa Riverkeeper, the Windy Van Hooten Teaching Garden, and honestly, just about everyone who has asked us.
What is you and/or your co-workers’ favorite tea?
- (Becca) Golden Brew is grounding and fresh (Jonathan) loves anything with ginger but especially our Sunnyside.
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- With anything you buy, I think it is important to know the process and people behind what you are consuming. We know that the medicinal value and quality of taste of the herbs in our tea is greater the fresher the ingredients. This is why we care about how it is grown and processed. We put that care into our own gardens and also when looking to source ingredients that we can’t grow ourselves.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- Drinking tea is a fantastic, tasty way to add a variety of plants to your diet. Any time you add plants to your diet you are adding nutrients that contribute to your overall well being. I also firmly believe that the ritual of making tea and holding a warm cup in your hand whether it is by yourself or with a friend can bring comfort and calm. With our lives moving at the stressful pace it does these days, I think everyone could use a little tea time in their days!
TeaTiff Picks: Turmeric Chai. Chai, my love. You are so unique. A black tea base most of the time but then you also find unique blends, like this one. That have Tulsi and Turmeric. Packing a big wallop for the immune system.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!