In the hustle and bustle of this busy world it is important to remember to slow down and appreciate the things around you. The simplicity and beauty of the Camellia Tea Bar webpage is an example of this. As you browse around you find yourself slowing down to enjoy what you are looking at. This may stem from the beauty of the area that they harvest their tea from. Pour yourself a cuppa, read their interview, and then be sure to see their website.
Location : Singapore (Katong Square & Plaza Singapura)
Company Focus: Reliability, Quality, Sustainability
Most popular company tea(s)?
- Signature Collection. For 2020 harvest, our House Orchid from the collection is one of the most popular and highly sought after.
Does the company name have a meaning?
- Camellia is referring to the genus of white flower plants, which camellia sinensis (tea) is classified under. We wanted to remind ourselves of the beautiful things. As for the chinese characters, Ming 茗 refers to fine tea, Yan 岩 rock. Together it stands for our specialty tea, rock oolong, that is harvested from Wuyi mountains. It goes back to our focus of fine tea harvested from mineral rich mountains.
Do you participate in any charities?
- We have not participated officially in any charity as a brand. However, we have done a few rounds of sponsorships for schools. We believe in giving back to the farmers, also to artists who has done up our labels.
What is your (or any of your other co-workers’) favorite tea?
- My favorite has always been scarlet robe. It is one of the most intrigued tea.
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- We love transparency, it will result in better learning of the topic. That being said it takes more knowledge from our audience to appreciate the transparency.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- It serves as a beverage, a snippet to a culture, a medium to communicate, a way of life. It can be anything.
TeaTiff Picks: Do you ever run around a website stuffing tons of things in your cart wanting to try it all but then you look at the bill and slowly close the window? Tasting and sample kits are perfect for the budget minded tea adventurers that want to try more while having some pocket change leftover.