E komo mai! On the island of Kauai is a town very dear to my heart, Hanalei. It is also here that the owner of Hobbs was raised and began her love of tea. While loose tea is something I prefer to buy the reason why I suggest this company over others, in the tea bag world, is because of their compostable and hand tied tea bags, and their commitment to organic tea.
Location : Hawaii
- We turn extraordinary tea into an effortless experience focused on the health, vibrancy and wellbeing of both you and our planet.
Most popular company tea(s)?
- Hawaii grown black tea – spicy chai.
Is there a specific one you would like me to share on the blog page?
- Hawaii grown tea single estate grown on Hawaii’s active Kilauea volcano offering characteristics of tropical flowers and honey with soft tannins from the rich volcanic soil – varieties launching this spring in Hobbstea.com include black, green, Wild hibiscus, spicy chai and Earl grey.
Does the company name have a meaning?
- Hobbs is a name that founder Jamie added into her name while drinking tea at her moms work when she was seven years old- Hobbs made her feel bold confident and self sufficient- and our goal is to help you feel the same way!
Do you participate in any charities?
- Everything Hobbs tea company does is working towards a cleaner healthier environment for all people and our planet. All packaging is certified biodegradable or compostable. All tea is organically grown on regenerative gardens focusing on the health of soil for future generations.
What is your (or any of your other co-workers’) favorite tea?
- Our Sencha green tea. Available online this spring. It’s an ultra traditional organic Japanese Sencha. We love it in the morning with a fresh squeeze of lemon. Perfection.
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- Organic is important. Plastic free is important.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- Tea is life!! A high quality tea will give you energy and stamina. Low quality tea will weigh you down and make you tired. Always opt for the highest quality for a thriving lifestyle.
Anything else you’d like to add?
- Look out for our freshest teas launching online in a few weeks! We will have 4 new fun ways to style your Hobbs Tea! Exciting!
TeaTiff Picks: Hawaiʻi Rainforest Grown Tea Blends. Being able to support local companies is great but when you can support local companies selling locally grown tea it takes it to another level. Each terroir around the world is unique. The tropical volcanic soil of Hawai’i gives Hawai’ian teas amazing nuances.