Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Good quality tea at an affordable price and the blending of teas
Most popular company tea(s)?
- Hands down our Creamy Earl Grey, it’s so smooth and vanilla makes a perfect London Fog
Does the company name have a meaning?
- Our specialty is Special Teas
Do you participate in any charities?
- Not really any one, we help out in our community by giving to different charity events when we are asked. We love to donate gift baskets and gift certificates to different events and have done so whenever asked.
What is your (or any of your other co-workers’) favorite tea?
- Of course our Creamy Earl Grey (every morning for breakfast) and our Arabian Mint (Peppermint, Spearmint, Ginger and Calendula) the ginger makes the mint snap. Great hot or cold but it is so hard to choose. Sometimes I stand before our wall of teas and just can’t make up my mind.
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- We deal with a lot of great companies all over the world and we find that all of them help us in choosing the right teas and let us know when something is just not that great that year due to different events i.e. weather, yield ect. Over the years we have built solid relationships with our supplier and find joy with working with people from all over the world
What role does tea play in our lives?
- Tea is super important in our lives both for medical reasons but also just from the peace you get when you sit down and enjoy a cup of tea, with coffee you get a rush and you feel rushed tea is different. You sit, inhale the soft aroma and relax. It also can take you to different places. A Spicy Masala Chai can transport you to India where as a Smooth Jasmine Green transports you to a cool jungle in Asia and a Tarry Lapsang Souchong with its smoky scent can place you at a campfire in a peaceful forest. That is why tea is so important in our lives.
Anything else you’d like to add?
- We are a family run business that has been in Victoria over 20+ years. We import all our teas and do all the blending in House. We pride ourselves with having a high quality product and the knowledge to help our customers make the right choice when buying Tea.
Unfortunately they don’t have pictures on their website. So if anyone has had their tea and has taken pics let me know!