Canadian-based Camellia Sinensis is the perfect place to discover the main six types of tea. They will take you on a tantalizing taste bud journey. Though this company has been around since 1997, I didn’t discover them until a few years ago when they won best tea shop award in 2018. They also have tea schools for those yearning to up their tea game.
Location: Montreal, Canada. Online and in these retail locations
- Camellia Sinensis was founded back in 1998 in Montréal, taking its botanical name from the tea plant. Four professional tea-tasters travel Asia’s tea fields every year selecting rare and premium teas from China, Japan, Taiwan, India and other producing countries for their famous catalogue.
Most popular company tea(s)?
- They didn’t list any specific teas but gave a link which you can check out here.
Does the company name have a meaning:
- It is the botanical name of tea
Do you participate in any charities:
- We run a very innovative project in Nilgiri Mountain range of South India’s Western Ghats in the State of Tamil Nadu. “While crafting unique teas, we have not overlooked our social responsibility and are setting aside a percentage of revenues for local village welfare schemes and towards support to a school, located in Coonoor, for children with ‘special needs’.” Tea Studio
What is your favorite tea?
- Single batch from single origin eg.Darjeeling
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- All our teas are bought in the garden directly from the grower.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- “The leaf of this Asian tree strengthens our systems and balances our processes, enhances our days with soothing and stimulation, and improves our lives through cure and invigoration.” Kevin Gascoyne
Anything else you’d like to add?
- Check out their book! CAMELLIA SINENSIS | TEA, HISTORY, TERROIRS, VARIETIES
TeaTiff Picks: Wei Shan Huang Cha. Yellow Tea is rare. Its processing is difficult and lengthy. True yellow tea is a pleasant treasure to behold.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!