Tea and herbs are an important part of all cultures around the world. We’ve been using them for thousands of years. This company has taken their love for herbs worldwide and want to share it with whoever they can. Though they sell many different products I appreciate that they still take the time to source good tea. I’ve not had the chance to browse their store in person but from what I can see online, I’m already in love!
Location: Eugene, Oregon. Online and in their retail store. Mountain Rose Mercantile
- Mountain Rose Herbs offers high-quality organically grown herbs, spices, teas, essential oils, and botanical goods. Since 1987, they have been known for their uncompromising commitment to organic agriculture, fair trade standards, and sustainable business practices. The company’s core belief that people, plants, and planet are more important than profit guides everything they do.
Most popular company tea(s)?
- Ceremonial Grade Matcha, Chamomile, Honeybush, Assam, Earl Grey, Red Rooibos, Dream Tea, English Breakfast, Jasmine Green
Do you participate in any charities?
- We are pretty well known for our commitment to charitable giving. Here is a list of some of the organizations that we donate. Who We Support. We also host an annual “Grants 4 Plants” program and offer (5) grants to organizations that are making this world a better place for people, plants, and the planet.
What is your (or any of your other co-workers) favorite tea?
- Berry Bramble, Mint Chocolate Mate, Jasmine Green Tea, Peace Tea, and Happy Tummy are among those that vanish the quickest in our breakroom.
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- We feel that is it very important not only for the sake of quality but for the wellness of those growing the plants. Quality and ethics should start at the seed and end in what’s in your cup.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- Drinking tea is a ceremony. It is a way of life. It’s a time to stop and take a moment to offer our bodies something enjoyable and beneficial.
TeaTiff Picks: Do you know what really hits the spot on a hot day? An orange Creamsicle®. The best part about this tea is not only the great taste but also the fact that there are no artificial ingredients! Check out the deliciousness here!
Be sure to also check out their page on Herbal Education.