Subscription based boxes are a big hit. You can get them for just about anything you can think of. There are many subscription based companies out there for tea but not all cater to quality. Tea Runners was the first subscription based tea company I tried because they offer a box for purists. They also have a bunch of single tea selection that rotates frequently with a wide and interesting variety.
Company Name: Tea Runners
Location: Washington state, USA. Portland, Oregon. Online Only (currently moving)
Sourcing the best teas in the USA and creating a fabulous at-home tea drinking experience customized to our user’s preferences. Our mission is simple: to provide our customers with the highest quality kinds of teas they like on the schedule that’s right for them.
Most popular company tea(s)?
- Majestic Earl Grey, Butterfly Mango Dragon Fruit White, Lemon Drop Black, Golden Monkey, Earl Grey Creme
Does the company name have a meaning?
- It’s a play on the name “Rum Runners”. It just means that we transport tea.
Do you participate in any charities?
- Yes, sometime we do Red Cross.
What is your (or any of your other co-workers) favorite tea?
- Classic Laoshan Black, Sagamartha Gold, and Winter Wonderland Rooibos
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- I’d say it’s a pretty transparent industry in North America.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- It adds comfort to our days and a manageable amount of caffeine.
TeaTiff Picks: Pure Tea Box. This is the tea subscription box built for people like myself who prefer tea ‘plain’. Though we all know plain tea is anything but plain. They also have a Black Tea Box, Herbal Box, and the Original Box.