Oh, Canada! Hockey, maple syrup, poutine! Canada is an awesome country, full of awesome people, with great companies like 52 Teas! Located in Vancouver, this company is incredibly unique. There are tons of tea companies out there but this is the only one I know of that does a new tea every week. They feature truly unique blends that you may only taste once in your life! If you are looking to support a small women-owned and operated business start here!
Company Name: 52 Teas
Location: Vancouver, WA. Online Only.
- We specialize in custom-made, limited edition, small batch teas – uniquely flavored by hand – a new tea every week.
Most popular company tea(s)?
- Our D’sTeas are our permanent collection teas – they include Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha; Graveyard Mist Green Tea; Pancake Breakfast black tea; and a vanilla and/or marshmallow black tea – this tea rotates but it’s always a black tea with either vanilla and/or marshmallow notes. Currently, it’s our What The Fluff tea.
Does the company name have a meaning?
- 52Teas – a brand new tea every week (52 weeks in a year – 52 teas every year)
Do you participate in any charities?
- Occasionally. Last year, we did a sales month for Black Lives Matter.
What is your (or any of your other co-workers) favorite tea?
- My favorite varies with each new month – and each new batch of tea. My all-time favorites include Lime Jello (not currently in stock) and Gourmet Root Beer (also not currently in stock).
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- I think that anything – concerning consumers – should be as transparent as possible – so consumers can make informed choices.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- For me, Tea plays a very important role – it’s not just a ‘job’ – I have a tremendous passion for tea – I drink it daily. I don’t drink it for health reasons (although it is a healthy beverage) and I don’t drink it for trendy reasons, I drink it because I love it.
Anything else you’d like to add?
- We are a small business, Mom & Daughter business, women owned and operated. We love tea and we love offering the tea we love to others to enjoy.
TeaTiff Picks: Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha – Genmaicha is green tea mixed with brown rice. The history is just as amazing as the flavor is.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
If you already love them tell us what you love below!