When I first started buying tea it was off grocery store shelves. Some were good. Some definitely not. Of those companies that were good I found a common theme in unbleached tea bags. While I prefer loose tea to tea bags, if I had to buy a tin of tea bags it would be from a company like this that pays attention to what their bags are made of and has a good sense of ethical responsibility.
Location: Larkspur, California. Online and in many stores.
- Our mission was—and is—to see these teas steaming in the cups of men, women and children everywhere, and to emphasize a Sip by Sip Rather Than Gulp by Gulp lifestyle.
Most popular company tea(s)?
- Best Selling teas can be found here.
Does the company name have a meaning?
- Though I wasn’t able to find an exact answer on this, my guess is that it is a play on words. Basically saying that they are a government of tea held by the people and for the people.
Do you participate in any charities?
- Yes. They participate with many. Find out more here.
What is your (or any of your other co-workers) favorite tea?
- If any Republic of Tea reps read this and happen to know what the most popular teas are within the company please let me know.
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- In 1992 The Republic of Tea sparked a Tea Revolution and has since grown to become the leading purveyor of premium teas. With that growth comes the responsibility to contribute positively to society on a global scale. Learn more here.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- Tea and its cultural significance can not be overstated. Discover how to honor the beverage, where it comes from and its many benefits. Tea Culture
TeaTiff Picks: get gorgeous. My first tin from the Republic of Tea was get gorgeous. It wasn’t one of my favorites but is 100% better than drinking soda. A bit later in my tea journey, I then tried Banana Chocolate. It reminds me of banana foster.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!