Nestled in between two major tea-producing countries is the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal. This beautiful, mountainous position provides an excellent terroir for growing tea. Though the area is great for tea growing, many of the farmers are living in poverty. By buying tea through Nepal tea you will not only be drinking amazing tea but also supporting their farmers.
Location Headquarters: New York
Company Focus: Nepalese Organic Teas
Most popular company tea(s)?
- White Prakash is the tea that enchants those diving into the world of tea. The velvety floral from this premium organic white tea will give vanilla top-notes, and spring blossoms, muscatel, and melted butter flavors. It has low caffeine content and can be enjoyed in the evening to wind down or any time really. It has also won a Bronze medal in the Global Tea Championship in 2019.
- Kumari Gold has a low astringency flavor and adds a full-bodied, high-quality golden tips tea (Black Tea) with caramel and brown sugar aromas to the cup. This tea has pronounced baked fruit and honey flavors with an earthy, long-lasting finish. This is one of the easiest teas to add to your routine and it has won awards for the way it tastes! It is actually my personal favorite and very dear to my heart. It is named after my grandmother whose middle name is “Kumari”. We dedicate this to her because she was the first person to plant the first tea bush in her backyard that has now turned into a tea garden.
- Kanchenjunga Noir seems to be the crowd favorite and we completely agree. It is an epitome of a true tea experience. Our organic black tea whispers the wonderful sweetness of the gardens it comes from. Any tea drinker, both beginner, and connoisseur will appreciate the smokey and woodsy flavors this tea brings to the palate.
Does the company name have a meaning?
- Our company is a tribute and a promise to all the tea farmers in Nepal currently living under the poverty line. Each product that is included in our collection comes directly from the farmers themselves. We eliminate unfair middlemen and ensure each pack you receive is a breath of fresh air each time.
Do you participate in any charities? If so, which one (s)?
- Some of the proceeds from Nepal Tea are dedicated to Nepal Tea Foundation with an aim to create opportunities to mobilize the current generation through employment and to empower the next generation through education. Through the foundation, our company supports the tea farmers and their families living under the poverty line in Nepal.
What is your and/or your co-workers’ favorite tea?
- Our favorite tea has to be the Kumari Gold and Kathmandu Cosmos. Every sip of these teas is full of memories of home and family. These black teas are our favorites because everyone in our home grew up with these flavors!
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- Nepal Tea, from its inception, has tried to connect the primary producer with ultimate consumers. Through our monthly tea tasting event and immersive tea tours, we connect our tea producers with our customers. We interact with the producers directly and eliminate the middleman which we believe is how the industry should run. With every product, we ensure our customers have access to the entire journey their pack of tea has taken from Nepal to their hands through the QR codes.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- At Nepal Tea, we believe tea can change an entire world. While this belief is what gets our company going, we also know that a cup of well-brewed tea can be a much-needed pause. A moment of meditation for those walking the tight-rope life. Each of us at Nepal Tea has deep values attached to a cup of tea. It is an ode to our families back in Nepal, a hope for a brighter future, and a reminder of cherished memories with friends.
Anything else you’d like to add?
Teatiff2021 (Special code for TeaTiff Readers!)
TeaTiff Picks: Farmers Green. Look at this gorgeous tea! Those fuzzies are not only a sign of amazing tea but the care the plucker took in picking this tea. It is very vegetal with heavy green bean notes and very slight astringency. You will also pick up notes of other steamed veggies like asparagus. The dry aroma is woody while the wet aroma is full of steamed veggies and slight tobacco. I am a fan. I love the packaging and I love the Wall Infuser that I ordered!
Sip some tea & leave a comment
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!