Combine a black-owned, U.S. Army Veteran business with the mindfulness of yoga, and the many health benefits of tea/tisanes and you get one amazing tea company. Just reading her the Cured Leaves Tea Co FB page leaves one feeling empowered. A strong yet soft vibe that flows through everything right down to the packaging! Grab a cuppa, feel your spirits soar, and read along!
Winner of the 2022 Devan Shah Tea Tycoon Unique Customer Relations!
Location(s) Headquarters: Bel Air, MD, USA
Company Focus: Mindfulness
Most popular company tea(s)?
- East African Currant, White Hibiscus Passion, Green Mint Magic, Green Peach Ginger, Velvet Greens, Quietude, Sweet Holy Basil & Lemongrass.
Does the company name have a meaning?:
- Cured Leaves Tea is directly aligned with our logo, the tree of life. The tree represents self, starting from a seed. Just like the tree, self goes through many transitions as it grows and evolve. Branches may fall off due to outward environmental changes. The roots may rot if not properly nurtured or grounded to earth. Sometimes self may get a little wild and needs trimming. Cured Leaves is a representation of self becoming whole and the Leaves are the fruits of our labor, our healing process that is shared with others.
Do you participate in any charities?
- A percentage of proceeds from certain teas such as Sweet Holy Basil & Lemongrass is given back to the Ubuzima Healing Garden of Rwanda; its where the herbal blend is produced.
What is your and/or your co-workers’ favorite tea?
- Founder’s favorite is Twisted & Sweet Oolong tea and Quietude herbal blend with green rooibos. Co-workers love Velvet Greens, a smooth and flavorful green tea and Ginger & Lime Rooibos, a delicious blend of green rooibos and ginger with lime flavor.
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- We are an ethical tea company with a social responsibility to ensure all teas are ethically sourced, organically grown, fair traded, that offers fair wages to their employees.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- Tea is supportive and meditative. It helps us to be grounded, returns us to be center focused, and connects us to everything around us. Tea is a ritual and cultural.
TeaTiff Picks: There are many good teas to choose. Red Bush Chai is wonderfully spicy but can be consumed at any time during the day. But it was ultimately East African Currant I choose for this pick for two reasons. One, I have been wanting to try a tea with the purple cultivar in it, tasting note can be read on Steepster, and, two, purple tea is not a type of tea but is a cultivar.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
Ordering? Be sure to tell them TeaTiff sent you!
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!