Little tea companies can be easily overlooked but their dreams can be just as big as their franchised competitors. As a certain character from a certain show once said, “Go big or go home.” Personally, I (TeaTiff) love the thought of a traveling tea company. If you are looking for a smaller shop to help out please be sure to give this one a try!
Location(s) Headquarters: Brooklyn, NY & San Pablo, CA (an online shop with the hopes of following the craft fair & farmers markets circuit cross country)
- To build love, community, and togetherness. One cup at a time.
Most popular company tea(s)?
- Right now it’s Annabelle Blues which is probably the prettiest tea I’ve created so far. I’m really proud of that one.
Does the company name have a meaning?
- I knew I wanted Birch because it’s my favorite tree and the birch tree symbolizes new beginnings and rebirth. And this little tea shop is just that. A new beginning after some tragic, life changing experiences. And Brooke is my middle name.
Do you participate in any charities?
- Unfortunately, at this time I am not big enough to do so. I’m barely breaking even. But as I continue to grow I really want to participate in charities and donate to important causes annually. I did recently donate tea to an elementary school auction for their fundraiser. That was really cool.
What is your and/or your co-workers’ favorite tea?
- My personal favorite is Lovely Lavender because I love black teas. This is a take on a classic Earl grey/lavender tea. But I use English Breakfast which (I think) has a nice creamy flavor with a hint of lavender.
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- I’m honestly not very familiar with this. But I can say I am all for supporting small, local farmers and making sure that fair labor laws are implemented everywhere in the tea industry.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- To me, tea plays the role of comforter, nurturer, healer, connector. It’s what we drink when we’re sick, sad, need energy, comfort. It’s great hot or cold. And what issues can’t be resolved over a nice cuppa.
TeaTiff Picks: Lovely Lavender. Black tea. Check. Lavender. Check. Two things I love mixed into one cup. Lavender will always be a favorite herb of mine after visiting an actual lavender farm on the island of Maui. It is wonderful that she harvests her own lavender for her blends. It makes the tea that much more dear to the heart of the seller. On a side note. I love Cosy Rosy. If you are looking for the perfect herbal chai this is it. It’s smooth with the perfect amount of floral notes.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
If you already love them tell us what you love below!