Matcha brand and cafe Name: Matcha More
Location(s) Headquarters : 1474-2 Minari Shimada-shi Shizuoka JAPAN
Matcha Organic Japan Website: https://matcha.official.ec/
Matcha Live Website: https://matchalives.com/
Social Media: (MOJ left & MatchaLives right)
- Sustain Local tea farm business by cultivate a High quality Organic Matcha.
Most popular company tea(s)?
- We are new company started in 2016 and held 3 years of organic conversion, 2020 is a very first harvest we recently had. In future there will be more variety of Organic Matcha.
Does the company name have a meaning?
- We are young farmers, trying to sustain the local tea farming. Now we are on project of making entire tea Village in to a Organic Matcha village where people can visit and harmonized with Tea and plantation. Matcha Organic Japan come from this idea.
Do you participate in any charities?
- We are working for the experience programs in our village. The starting one is called a Tea garden ownership program. Also in future there are more activities, such as Tea study program, Art village charity program.
What is your (or any of your other co-workers’) favorite tea?
- We mostly drink Japanese green teas, Matcha, Sencha, Gyokuro, Hojicha. more and more
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- Most tea are brends, we are farmers, so anybody can come and visit to see where it is from.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- I will introduce a little about myself. I got involved in tea, especially Matcha tea in 8 years ago, in 2012, where I started my own company LEAF Co., Ltd, http://leaf-solar.com/about/. My company is trying to create powers to the grid using renewable energy surround agriculture. This idea pops up in me after Tsunami hit the nuclear plant in Fukushima. I believe this idea can cure agriculture problems and a little more balanced living on earth and sustainable farming. The Matcha was the best fit I found to start because Matcha needed the shading shelf structure, and solar power generation needed the sunny land. https://youtu.be/uUdZL_Crm6k. Anyways with this project, I got into the Tea and found the uniqueness of the tea. I find tea is a great communication tool and fits all the culture for welcome the guest. Each culture creates the way of Tea preparing and had continued over 1000s of years. In Japan, there is an important word call “Omotenashi”. It is the way of thinking of how to treat the guests. Tea has deep Omotenashi thoughts and I got really into tea.
TeaTiff Picks: Organic Matcha / 001 Matcha Samidori + Okumidori. This matcha blend combines my two favorite cultivars. Both are high in umami, lower in astringency, and my favorite aspect of nori is very present in both so this blend makes for the perfect marine matcha.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!