JL Tea is our first Taiwanese based company. Though Taiwan is mainly known for producing electronics and a few other exports one of their lesser known but very important exports is tea. Especially for us oolong lovers because that is what, in my opinion, they do best. JL Tea, in particular, offers some amazing oolong. You may also know them as Fong Mong Tea.
Location: Neihu, Taipei, Taiwan. Online Only.
Company Focus: Taiwanese Tea and Tea Ware
Most popular company tea(s):
- High Mt. Teas, Special Teas, some certain tea lovers prefer roasted oolong.
Does the company name have a meaning?
- The company was named based on the initial of the name of the founder and easy to remember for customers.
Do you participate in any charities?
- A lot. Those charities are located in Taiwan.
What is your (or any of your other co-workers’) favorite tea?
- We almost drink everything we sell. Sometimes we have to try teas sold from other vendors. However, we do love our “Pekoe White” the most.
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- (From the production side) Basically, how tea is grown and processed are the key points to decide tea flavor. Every tea master is confident and always keeps his skill confidential so that I don’t see transparency in tea production.
- (From the sale side) A little more transparent than it in the production side. The price from sellers for each tea is similar depending on how the seller emphasizes the tea characteristics. However, the buyers have the right to accept it based on the tea quality.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- Tea is not only a beverage to solve our thirstiness but also a company to our soul. I would say a best-ever companion to our body, mind, and soul.
Anything else you’d like to add?
- Drinking tea every day keeps the doctor away. Stay healthy by drinking teas.
TeaTiff Picks: Mi Xiang Bug Bitten Taiwanese Organic Jade Oolong. What do you appreciate in tea? Flavor, aroma, texture? I’m a big fan of aroma. I love to sit and smell a tea before actually drinking. This is one of those teas that has a rich bouquet but it isn’t overly mystifying. (You won’t sit there for an hour trying to figure out what it is that your smelling). If you love mineral and toasty notes be sure to give this one a try.
Learn about flavored teas, moisture in tea leaves, and more!
Sip some tea & leave a comment
Ordering? Be sure to tell them TeaTiff sent you!
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!