If you love Japanese tea you will love this company. They are based in Japan and focus fully on Japanese tea. They have our beloved favorites like genmaicha and matcha as well as black tea (wakocha) made from the famous allergy relieving Benifuki cultivar. And for those who like to research and learn more about tea their blog is a treasure trove of tea info. Lastly for those of you who like to get your packages quickly, they are offering 2-day delivery for US orders!
Location Headquarters: Hokkaido, Japan
- Selling high-quality Japanese Green Tea & Matcha
Most popular company tea(s)?
- All are really popular – especially the organic matcha & gyokuro (great value for this quality)
Does the company name have a meaning?
- Ocha means tea in Japanese
Do you participate in any charities?
- We run promotions for One Tree Planted
- Ocha & Co have specially commissioned a limited edition range of beautiful Matcha Tea Whisks (known as Chasen) for sale from our online store. All proceeds will go directly to the United Nations Children’s Fund – UNICEF – to help with humanitarian relief efforts in war-torn Ukraine.
- World Tea News also did an article on the special chasen.
What is your favorite tea?
- The one that is in my cup
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- Obviously, it is important. We only deal with Japanese tea and have a great relationship with our tea producer. We have a series of interviews on YouTube where he explains about organic farming in depth. Tea companies (brands) and tea producers in Japan reflect society as a whole where everyone pulls together for mutual benefit. I am not sure if that concept is understood clearly in the USA or Europe. We even send each other gifts throughout the year.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- It is the glue.
Anything else you’d like to add?
- First-time customers get a 10% discount with WELCOME10
TeaTiff Picks: Genmaicha. If you have been reading TeaTiff you know I am a big fan of genmaicha. The rice aroma and flavor mixed in with green tea is a perfect palate combination. It will warm you on a cool day and on a hot day it is perfect iced. I love to just smell the used leaves and the brown rice, slight popcorn aroma mixed with a slight grassiness. Tengoku.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!