Russian native and author of “Cancer Hates Tea” has created a unique company with inspiring roots. They support great causes and sell tea that is sure to make you a repeat customer. If you are in Colorado be sure to stop by one of their shops!
Location(s) Headquarters : Louiseville, Colorado, U.S.A.
- The Tea Spot’s vision to modernize the loose-leaf tea experience has held steadfast since the for-profit philanthropic company was founded in 2004 by Maria Uspenski, a cancer survivor drawn to the health benefits of leaf tea during her recovery. Her message is simple and powerful: Tea in its freshest form renders exceptional flavor, unmatched health benefits and is eco-friendly. Uspenski is also the author of Cancer Hates Tea, which explores a powerful, five-cup-a-day steeping habit.
Most popular company tea(s)?
- Did not see on their site.
Does the company name have a meaning?
- Waiting for anwser.
Do you participate in any charities?
- As a socially responsible business, we donate 10% of all profits, and are recognized in the top 5% of all B-Corps as “Best for the Community.” To date, all 10% For Wellness donations have gone directly to cancer and community wellness, to which we’ve contributed more than 10 million cups of tea. Now, in our 17th year, we’re expanding our 10% For Wellness initiative to embrace a broader vision. You can learn more here.
What is your and/or your co-workers’ favorite tea?
- Waiting for their anwser
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- Our passion for tea drives us to create products with great care for our customers and our community. As a woman-owned company, we insist on the highest standards of food safety making our teas Kosher, GMO-free, Organic, etc. And, as a Colorado-based Public Benefit Corporation and certified B Corp, our company donates 10% of all profits to wellness programs. and has donated more than 10 million cups of tea to date.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- For The Tea Spot founder Maria Uspenski, tea is more than a beverage, it’s a way of life. From her family roots back in Russia to her personal cancer recovery journey to the teaware she created using her MIT engineering background, tea and Maria are inexorably intertwined—as is the unique blend of art and science she brings to the practice. When you shop The Tea Spot, you know you are getting the freshest tea available, only including leaves from the latest harvest. As the only single source provider of tea with our own patented teaware (thanks, Maria!), our goal is to modernize the loose-leaf tea experience so you can enjoy the functional benefits at home or on the go for the perfect cup every time.
TeaTiff Picks: (Will update once I sample something)
Sip some tea & leave a comment
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!