Have you ever drooled over a teapot? Got excited when finding a new tea? You will definitely do that with Zerama. They have teas and accessories for every type of tea person. They even have a frog tea pet! But beyond all the amazing teas and trappings is their commitment to sustainable teas. It is incredibly important to be able to support not only the people we buy our tea from but also all the people who handle the tea at every step of the process.
Location: We are based in Kansas City, MO.
- We focus on sustainably grown teas and by direct from growers whenever possible.
Most popular company tea(s)?
- One of our most popular teas is Organic Wakocha (Japanese Black) Tea.
Does the company name have a meaning?
- Our company name was derived from an old Burlesque movie with Bettie Page called “Teaserama” We joked about the name and it stuck.
Do you participate in any charities?
- We are passionate about supporting farmers at home and around the world. We partner with and have supported through many benefits the Kansas City Farm School. https://www.kcfarmschool.org/ They are a non profit that teaches kids where there food comes from and is developing future generations of farmers.
What is your and/or your co-workers’ favorite tea?
- My favorite tea is Lao Cong Shui Xian Oolong. I am crazy about all oolongs but this old bush variety from Wuyi is so complex and amazing I can’t get enough. Bob’s favorite is the Organic Yamabuki Nadeshiko which is a Japanese fermented tea similar to puerh.
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- I think transparency in the tea industry (as well as all food) is vital. People need to know where there food comes from and recognize the craftsmanship that goes into each cup of tea. I believe this knowledge and understanding enhances the entire experience and enjoyment of tea.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- In this fast paced world, we need to take a moment for ourselves each day to slow down and enjoy the aroma and taste of a good cup of tea. Taking that moment of quiet and reflection can change my entire day. I think we all owe that to ourselves.
Anything else you’d like to add?
- Bob and I spend a lot of time drinking and sampling different teas. We stand by the fact, if we won’t drink it, we won’t sell it.
TeaTiff Picks: Ba Xian (Eight Immortals) Oolong. What is better then great tea? A great tea with a good story behind it. This incredible tea is only grown in a few villages in China. They harvest from very old tea trees. The story goes that there once was eight trees of this cultivar and now there are few of the original eight. The story seems to vary by company but is interesting regardless.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
Ordering? Be sure to tell them TeaTiff sent you!
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!