Matcha is simple yet complex. You can brew it simply just by shaking it in a bottle or ceremonially with proper Japanese gear. Mind over Matcha makes it easy to do either. Their website is straightforward yet calming. If you haven’t yet started your matcha journey this is a great place to begin!
Location: Vancouver, BC. Online Only.
- To introduce or educate people on the powerful health benefits that authentic matcha green tea offers.
Most popular company tea:
- Our 100g Organic Everyday Matcha
Does the company name have a meaning?
- I wanted a name that resonated with me. At the time when I was just coming up with the idea of starting my own business, I was trying to find my purpose and it was actually during a spin class when the instructor said “mind over matter.” You can alter your thinking to overcome any scenario in your daily life. This phrase resonates with me, I use it daily when I find I keep telling myself I need to change my thoughts to create my reality.
Do you participate in any charities?
- We currently do not participate in any charities at this very moment as we are still a very small business. Mind over Matcha launched only two weeks ago but hope to be able to donate to charities in the near future when it is possible. Mental health and homeless shelters are my top choice of charities to donate to when I am able to.
What is your favorite tea?
- I love a good Ceremonial matcha green tea latte with oat milk and a splash of agave!
What role does tea play in our lives?
- I think tea plays a big role in our lives without realizing the impact it makes. Sometimes the only thing that people look forward to are the little things, coffee or tea in the morning as they journal, or tea before bed while they read, tea to help give us that caffeine boost in the morning, or in the middle of the day to help reduce anxiety…etc. Not to mention all the health benefits that tea comes with. Matcha specifically helps reduce anxiety, has powerful antioxidants (137x more than a regular cup of green tea), detoxes your body, gives you a caffeine boost without the caffeine crash and jittery feeling, and so so so much more.
Anything else you’d like to add?
- People always ask why there are palm trees associated with the logo of Mind over Matcha. Long story short, after I graduated university with a psychology degree, knowing I had changed my path and did not want a career in that field, I decided to quit my job and travel to California with no friends, family, car, income, or idea of what was going to happen. At the time when I felt the most uncertain and alone, I found myself going to matcha cafes and coffee shops every single day to write out a future business plan. The idea of Mind over Matcha was the only thing that kept me sane at that time and gave me a sense of purpose. So the palm trees to me remind me that you need to feel uncomfortable to be able to grow.
TeaTiff Picks: Organic Ceremonial Matcha. I rarely do lattes now that I drink matcha pure. When you start paying more it makes it difficult to justify adding the milk. Not to mention ceremonial is meant to be consumed without anything added.
Sip some tea & leave a comment
Ordering? Be sure to tell them TeaTiff sent you!
If you already love them, tell us what you love below!