My first encounter with Nichole wasn’t through the CGT but with SororiTea Sisters. After becoming a sister I then learned about her bold and amazing tea blends. She is a hard working mom and tea lover. With each blend you try you can really tell she puts effort into tasty blends.
Location: East Peoria, IL. Online and available in these central IL locations
- To bring fun blends to the tea communiTEA and introduce the area to loose leaf teas or tea in general
Most popular tea(s)?
- This changes quite often but right now a favorite is the Blueberry Lemon (Green Rooibos blend) or Parker’s Pumpkin Chai Latte.
Does the company name have a meaning?
- CuppaGeek is my tea blogging name and I couldn’t come up with a better name to represent me than CuppaGeek Teas
Do you participate in any charities?
- Yes- I have active St Jude Fundraising (St Jude, TAPS) teas along with donating monies from sales to our local animal shelter.
What is your favorite tea?
- Right now I’m really getting into puerhs but my all time standby is any green tea.
What are your thoughts on transparency in the tea industry?
- This is hard because I know there are a lot of issues with transparency just in general with business so it’s hard to make a stand on one point but then allow it in another facet of life. Like being upset because the tea industry is doing this or that but then allow that same issue in let’s say fast food service because it’s convenient in our life. There are definite issues that I see for the tea industry which is one of the reasons why I try very hard to only offer options that are better for the planet for instance. I’m currently trying to figure out the logistics on a refill program but of course that comes with challenges as well. My brain is always thinking of the best way to offer fun products to bring a smile to someone’s day.
What role does tea play in our lives?
- Tea is amazing. This one beverage may not mean a whole lot to some but to me, tea is so much more and hard to really put into words. Tea is my constant through it all- happiness, sadness, anger, stress, the highs and lows. . . Tea brings so much joy and I’m so happy and honored to be part of bringing that joy.
TeaTiff Picks: In The Name of the Moon… Sailor Moon is a classic anime. The ultimate mahou shoujo. Fight me on that if you wish. This blend takes everything that screams Sailor Moon into one magical cup.